Welcome to the professional webpage of Olav Møyner.
My research interests include numerical simulation of flow and transport in porous media, which can model hydrocarbon recovery, CO2 sequestration, geothermal energy, groundwater flow and many other interesting physical processes. I work on efficient linear and nonlinear solvers, multiscale methods, reduced-order modelling, high-resolution schemes and solution strategies for model problems from these fields. See also: Publications
Scientific software development
In order to support scientific reproducibility, much of my research time is spent developing Open-Source solvers for simulation of flow in porous media as a part of the Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox (MRST). The repositories for MRST are public on Bitbucket.
- 2016 - today: Research scientist, SINTEF Digital
- 2017 - today: Post. Doc at NTNU through the VISTA program
- 2012 - 2016: Scientific software developer, SINTEF Digital
- 2013-2016: Ph.D. in Mathematics at NTNU.
- 2007-2012: Master of Science in Physics and Mathematics with specialization in Industrial Mathematics at NTNU.
- 2019: Visting scholar, Stanford
- 2015-2016: Visting student researcher, Stanford